2014 Monthly Luncheons
Payment Options: cash, check, or credit card (credit card payment is subject to $1.00 service fee). The cost to attend monthly luncheons is $20, generally, and $15 for law students.
Click on the RSVP link in the list below to preregister for a monthly luncheon. Preregistration is strongly encouraged to ensure that we can provide an accurate count to the hotel.
Always the Second Tuesday!
Queen's Bench luncheons take place on the second Tuesday of every month from 11:45 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at the Governor Hotel, 614 SW 11th Avenue in downtown Portland.
Preregistration and cancellation should be completed a week before the luncheon. There is limited registration at the door, subject to availability.
Featured Speaker Schedule
- January 14: Tom Kranovich, Kranovich & Lucero, 2014 OSB President and past recipient of the OSB President's Affirmative Action Award, will speak about his priorities as OSB President. RSVP by January 8.
- February 11: Laura Schroeder,Schroeder Law Offices, PC, will share her experiences in deploying for a USAID mission to an active warzone in Kabul, Afghanistan to provide instruction regarding effective water law. RSVP by February 5.
- March 11: Cheryl Myers, State Director of Economic & Business Equity, will speak about promoting access and opportunity to Oregon’s disadvantaged, minority-owned, woman-owned and emerging small businesses [D/MWESB]. RSVP by March 5.
- April 8: Marilyn Bergen, Confluence Wealth Management, will speak about strategies for effectively listening to women clients and for providing better client services. RSVP by April 2.
- May 13: Gail Shibley, Chief of Staff, Portland Mayor Charlie Hales, will share lessons learned on the campaign trail, in the Oregon Legislature, and as a policy advisor to the U.S. Secretary of Labor. RSVP by May 7.
- June 10: TBA. RSVP by June 4.
- July 8: TBA. RSVP by July 2.
- August 12: TBA. RSVP by August 6.
- September 9: TBA. RSVP by September 3.
- October 14: TBA. RSVP by October 8.
- November 11: TBA. RSVP by November 5.
- December 9: The Honorable Adrienne Nelson, Multnomah County Circuit Court, will be the featured speaker for the 24th Annual Holiday Luncheon Honoring Women Judges.