My mother – I learned determination and a commitment to helping others.
2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
“There’s no lack of good ideas – only a lack of time and resources.” One of the best lessons I learned from an early mentor that has proved true over and over again in my non-profit career.
3. What is an issue that you think women should focus on in 2015?
Child well-being! Truly, the future of our state and nation are dependent on the investments we make in kids and families today.
4. What is your favorite movie?
Hope Floats – a romantic comedy with deeper undertones about betrayal, child trauma, family and renewal (Almost sounds profound, doesn’t it?)
5. What is the last book you read for pleasure?
6. What is something that you are proud of, that most people don't know about you?
I have almost finished several quilts. I’ll be exceptionally proud if I ever get one actually finished!